Tuesday, August 13, 2019

I'm Glad I Was a Part of THIS...

.
.
Image result for Gillette toxic masculinity ad
.
.
.
Proctor & Gamble has lost BILLIONS over Gilette's recent anti masculinity ads. (https://www.redstate.com/…/gillettes-woke-ad-insulted-men-…/).

I personally haven't bought a Gillette product since the first "toxic masculinity" ad aired (https://youtu.be/-4Qa9ZXTg2g). In fact, I'd been such a regular user, I had a recurring order/subscription set up on Amazon and I ditched that to move to one of its shave club competitors.

I'm NOT, nor ever have been much of a boycotter. I've almost NEVER done this before. I STILL like the NFL and I DON'T blame the players or the League for the Kaepernick Anthem protests, but I WON'T be lectured to by companies looking to sell me stuff.

Normally, I'd feel bad about a Company losing BILLIONS over a marketing faux pas, as I did over the failed "New Coke," BUT not this time. Not only DIDN'T Gilllette get the initial message, but they doubled down on stupid with their "Trans Man" ad (https://youtu.be/6FR2N7bvSf0) AND the company STILL steadfastly defends its ad campaign (https://youtu.be/8lXBs2Wy1OU) that derides, NOT merely bullying, harassment and abuse (who WOULD object to those things being derided?), but traditional masculinity.

So far, P&G has written down over $8 BILLION and Gillette is the only P&G sector that has lost money over that period.

Personally, I don't think I'll ever go back to Gillette. Yes, they've lowered prices, but that only highlights yet another major issue I had with them even before these scolding ads, blaming all men for the bad behaviors of a minority - their obscenely overpriced products.

Not only was this ad campaign offensive, scolding all members for the abuses of a few (I've never bullied, nor harassed anyone and I don't know many who have), but it only served to highlight Gillette's own hypocrisy on the issue in the pricing disparity between its male and female products. The Daily Mail wrote, "Its products for women are generally more expensive than its products for men. In Woolworths, for example, a Gillette fusion razor with five blades costs $14, while the Gillette Venus razor with five blades costs $17, a 21 per cent mark up."
(https://www.dailymail.co.uk/…/Gillette-charges-women-men-ra…)

Gillette is far from the first, or only conglomerate to go full on "Social Justice Warrior." Awhile back, internal memos within Citibank chided employees for using traditional terms like husband and wife, even brother and sister, encouraging workers to use more generic terms like spouse, partner, or sibling.

Many of us mistakenly believe governments have taken the lead on such social issues, even on, "Social Justice Societal Transformation," but it has ALWAYS been business and industry, specifically multinational conglomerates and international banks that have led the way.

It's those entities that control the government's and media and use the political-media class as their managers, so, of course, the push for such changes tends to bubble up in Corporate Board Rooms, NOT in Political groups.
.

No comments:

American Ideas Click Here!