Friday, February 27, 2015

Is Al Sharpton on the Way OUT at MSNBC?

Image result for Al Sharpton
Al Sharpton





Full disclosure; I do not like Al Sharpton, at all. I believe he's a con-artist, a racial arsonist and a bigot-for-profit. I stand by my earlier assertion that MSNBC's hiring him was equivalent to a network hiring Tom Metzger of the Aryan nation (the ONLY white group leader who has actually inspired racial violence over the past fifty years) as a host.

Hiring Al Sharpton remains as much a stain on that network as hiring the likes of Metzger would've been. Some stains just don't ever wash off...and this (in my view) is one.

Having said all that, while I'm deeply saddened that MSNBC hired Sharpton, I don't take any pleasure in his on-air demise, just as I wouldn't take pleasure in the on-air demise of a Tom Metzger either. I'd have been deeply saddened to see that person hired and would consider it a plus when they're off the air, but I'd take no personal gratification from another person's misfortune.

An MSNBC source has reportedly told the Daily Beast: “Going left was a brilliant strategy while it lasted and made hundreds of millions of dollars for Comcast, but it doesn't work anymore. The goal is to move away from left-wing TV.”

IF that's true and Comcast has belatedly seen the light, then that's to the good, BUT I remain skeptical. For one thing, the statement DOESN'T ring true. Going far-Left has been a disaster from the start for MSNBC...always the cable news door mat. Keith Olbermann couldn't beat FNC or CNN, neither could Rachel Maddow and Al Sharpton has been so much of an embarrassment that his legendary teleprompter gaffs were even fodder for uber-liberal SNL..."Sta Lois....I mean, St. Louis..." Funny stuff, but waaaaay too close to the humiliating reality.

Will MSNBC change course?

And to WHAT, exactly? A "little LESS Left," or "As Left as the major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC)?

Seriously, WHERE do they go from here?

No comments:

American Ideas Click Here!