Friday, June 9, 2017

I've Said THIS Forever...



Image result for Fossil-Fuel Divestment to Cost Pensions $5 Trillion Over 50 Years




...BECAUSE it's TRUE!

The move, by public sector pension funds, AWAY from fossil fuel investments is about scuttling those pension systems, NOT "saving the earth."

A recent article notes, "Fossil-fuel divestment by major pension funds reportedly could cost trillions in profit, leading to slashed payments to pensioners and eventual taxpayer bailouts.

"A new report from University of Chicago professor Daniel Fischel warns that a move away from fossil-fuel investments by 11 of the nation's major public pension funds would lead to a nearly $5 trillion shortfall over the next 50 years." (http://www.newsmax.com/…/Fossil-Fuel…/2017/06/08/id/794867/…
)


The goal of that divestment is NOT "saving the earth," any more than that was the goal of the Paris Accords, which promises a "possible" drop of 0.025 degrees Farenheit by 2100...maybe.

The goal of the Paris Accords was a unifying global government by laying the groundwork of a global welfare system and the goal of the pension fund divestment from Fossil Fuels is the ultimate eradication of those pensions.

1 comment:

Nicholas said...

Thanks for the post, which I linked to, JMK.

For at least a decade, I have observed one institution or demographic group after another, whose leadership has been taken over by people who hate, and seek to destroy it.

Either I’m right, or I’m delusional. If I’m delusional, I’ll go back to drink, or ask my GP for some good, stiff, drugs, but if I’m right, why has this been happening?

American Ideas Click Here!