Sunday, November 1, 2009

You Know All That Crazy Stuff Those Whacky Conservatives Were Saying About Dede Scozzafava?...SURPRISE!!!!....It's ALL True!...








Well, the "ACORN Republican," Dede Scozzafava of NY's 23rd District WAS "the most Progressive Candidate in that race" after all...and to prove it, she's come out and endorsed fellow Liberal Democrat Bill Owens for the 23rd!
SWEET! Here's a portion of her "coming out" statement;

"You know me, and throughout my career, I have been always been an independent voice for the people I represent. I have stood for our honest principles, and a truthful discussion of the issues, even when it cost me personally and politically. Since beginning my campaign, I have told you that this election is not about me; it’s about the people of this District.


"It is in this spirit that I am writing to let you know I am supporting Bill Owens for Congress and urge you to do the same.


"It’s not in the cards for me to be your representative, but I strongly believe Bill is the only candidate who can build upon John McHugh's lasting legacy in the U.S. Congress. John and I worked together on the expansion of Fort Drum and I know how important that base is to the economy of this region. I am confident that Bill will be able to provide the leadership and continuity of support to Drum Country just as John did during his tenure in Congress.


"In Bill Owens, I see a sense of duty and integrity that will guide him beyond political partisanship. He will be an independent voice devoted to doing what is right for New York. Bill understands this district and its people, and when he represents us in Congress he will put our interests first.


"Please join me in voting for Bill Owens on Tuesday. To address the tough challenges ahead, we must rise above partisanship and politics and work together. There's too much at stake in this election to do otherwise."


My fervent hope is that the good people of New York's 23rd District disappoint daffy Dede one more time, by electing Mr. Hoffman.

6 comments:

Seane-Anna said...

Why does Ms. Scozzafava even bother calling herself a Republican? She's like those liberal religionists who scoff at everything the Bible says yet get apoplectic when their faith is questioned. Either Scozzafava is deluded or she takes her role as a progressive fifth columnist in the Republican party quite seriously. I'm going with the latter.

JMK said...

Great question!

I guess....because she CAN.

And she can only because NY State's GOP is so corrupt and inept....what a combination, eh.

Rachel said...

i couldn't care less about Dede. What I care about is these people who condemned Obama's supposed lack of experience rooting for someone who has had ZERO executive experience. It seems like (some of) the tea partiers just want to vote for someone who says what they want to hear. If that is true, they are in for mega-dissapointment.

The only time I ever heard people complain about Ms. S was when she received the Planned Parenthood award. Arguments about Acorn etc seemed to be an afterthought.

Skunkfeathers said...

Let's hope the voters of NY District 23 are smarter than the media, the local Republican Party, and the idiots surrounding Barry.

JMK said...

Those are two completely different situations Rachel.

President, Governor, even Mayors are ALL EXECUTIVE positions.

While "some prior executive experience" may be optional for all those positions, I don't personally believe in "political experience."

Legislators, local representatives (ie. Alderman, councilman, etc) and Judges are not executives, they're legislators or mere "representatives."

But, people can even disagree over WHAT exactly constitutes "executive experience."

Some foolishly, in my view, tout positions like VP (an empty suit position, in my view), Mayors or Governors (better, but not "great" in my view)...while I personally think the BEST "executive experience" would be running a small to mid-size private sector business (ie. one with 30 to 200 employees)....second would be Captain of a Fire Company (commanding a two-company (50-man) firehouse. (I AM serious about that....I know others may disagree, but I'd respectfully submit that they are wrong).

As for Dede Scozzafava, I think she was a hideous choice.

She not only was involved with ACORN, she supported Card Check (the Bill that would eradicate the secret ballot for Union elections).

She threw her support behind Bill Owens (the Democrat) because she was actually MORE Liberal then Owens.

At least in my view Rachel, that strains the credulity of the "big tent" ideal.

Just saying.

JMK said...

"Let's hope the voters of NY District 23 are smarter than the media, the local Republican Party, and the idiots surrounding Barry." (SF)
<
<
Well, it looks neck-and-neck right now SF, at least according to WNYC (http://www.wnyc.org/news/articles/143573)

That District went to Obama by 5 last year, thus the rationale by the inept NYS GOP to put up a Liberal Republican ("hedging their bets" is what they're best at).

The problem coming out of all this is that the NYS GOP tainted Gingrich, Boehner and Cantor with their stench.

That's NOT good.

American Ideas Click Here!