Saturday, September 30, 2017

Russian Trolls?







Since last November, we've been told of "Russian trolls posting fake news online. Some blame that for Clinton's loss."

Uhhhh nope, I think Bill Burr nails it here (https://youtu.be/DZbQtCtxAXM
).



That said, there's little question that there was an organized fake news campaign used in 2016.

So WHAT?!

There's little evidence it had ANY appreciable effect on that election's outcome.

Hillary Clinton lost because of the two highly obnoxious candidates, she was far and away the most obnoxious, inept and corrupt of the two.

As Bill Burr noted, this loss "was ALL on her"!

However, there are indeed fake news outlets, and some even sound remotely, dare I say....Russian.

One such site is named dailynewspostss.com
 (yes, with a second s), also known as "American President Donald J. Trump", which seems to be the newest domain name used by a site once known as usadailynewsposts.com
 but which has also gone under following names according to online sources:

 (that name can still be seen in the header)

freedomwriters.pro





The site has made a habit out of posting fake celebrity quotes and then asking their readers if they "support this" or if the celebrity in question should be arrested, deported or what have you. Often the posts contain errors in basic English, for example by asking if visitors "agree him" or if they "support deport of them".

The site has attributed a similar quote to various other celebrities, using almost the same headline (and not even noticing that Kevin Spacey and Blake Shelton are men):

Emma Stone to Jennifer Lawrence: "That's good idea, I will use American flag as toilet paper too. I'm proud of you Jennifer. Everything about America is disgusting."

Blake Shelton; "I Swear That American Flag Is My Toilet Paper, I Hate Everything About This Country". Would You Support Deport Of Her?

Kevin Spacey: "I Swear That American Flag Is My Toilet Paper, I Hate Everything About This Country". Would You Support Deport Of Her?

Jeniffer Lawrence: "I Swear That American Flag Is My Toilet Paper, I Hate Everything About This Country". Would You Support Deport Of Her?

Look, I'm no fan of our "news" and "entertainment" media, BUT I can't condone lying about people, or putting false words in their mouths.

As a general rule, of you can't substantiate a quote, or claim with additional sources, it's probably bogus.

THIS sort of activity should be criminalized as slander/libel and severely punished.

No comments:

American Ideas Click Here!